HAIR CARE TIPS
1. Always comb the hair upwards from the tips to the roots to get rid of knots with a paddle brush or wide toothcomb. The comb is probably better as it’s less likely to rip out hair from the weft.
2. Wash the hair every 1-2 weeks. Virgin hair is more prone to being greasy than our own so it’s important to keep it clean. Try Organix Argan Oil Shampoo to strip the hair of any product but be careful not to use this too often as it could dry out the hair
3. Deep condition between washes and after washing to keep the hair soft and healthy. I use Organix Argan Oil Conditioner and let it soak into my weave for a few hours before rinsing out with cold water.
5. Try to reduce the amount of heat your hair is exposed to by air-drying instead of blow-drying. Blow-drying will get rid of the 'natural state' look and blow the curls out of place. Instead of a curling wand or iron, try bendy rollers. If you do decide to blow-dry, straighten or curl the hair, use a heat protectant just to be safe. I use TRESemme Heat Defense with UV Filter.
6. Just because a product works for your own natural hair doesn’t mean it will be good for the weave. Avoid greasy or heavy products, as it will weigh down the hair. I use a drop of Organix Argan Oil after washing/conditioning and between washes to keep my hair shiny, frizz-free and soft.
7. Sometimes I get lazy and don’t do this but you should plait your hair into one before sleeping to keep the waves/ curls intact and keep the moisture in your hair. Also get your hands on a satin scarf or cap from any shop that sells weave and sleep with that over your hair to keep moisture.
8. My final tip is do not neglect your own hair! Your weave will look better for longer if you can look after your own especially if you have leave out! It's easier to blend if your hair is relaxed, if not try hot combing or straightening but not too often. Keep your parting and scalp moisturized with Organic Root Simulator Dry Scalp Relief Oil. Also if you are feeling the annoyance of regrowth try Olive Oil Edge Control to keep things neat and flat.
Always comb the hair upwards from the tips to the roots to get rid of knots with a paddle brush or wide toothcomb. The comb is probably better as it’s less likely to rip out hair from the weft.